The Associate Finance Manager position at General Mills Canada Corporation is accountable for the financial management and oversight of a financial operations brand, sales, trade marketing or business portfolio. This role partners heavily with cross functional leaders to develop business strategies to achieve both near and long term goals. The role includes leading financial analysis, sharing insights and providing recommendations on portfolio strategies. The role is also accountable for championing controls and ensuring integrity within core processes. This role reports to a Finance Director and may manage direct reports.
• Responsible for developing the Long Range Plan and Annual Plans in partnership with cross functional business leaders to achieve business targets
• Lead the monthly volume & profit forecasting across the Division to identify risks and opportunities to achieving plan targets; leverage insight to develop actionable solutions to overcome profit gaps.
• Oversee the financial analysis on all new products to determine business model, market viability and sustainability.
• Partner with the Business or Sales team in identifying productivity opportunities to increase profitability, including the development of effective pricing strategies and driving profitable volume mix.
• Oversee the deployment of Marketing or Trade spending; lead the analysis to ensure dollars are allotted to the highest ROI initiatives; identify productivity initiatives to reduce the amount of dollars spent on non-working marketing.
• Champion solid controls across Marketing or Sales teams
• Lead, participate and support projects within Finance, as well as cross-functional initiatives; identify opportunities to streamline processes to increase Finance effectiveness.
• May manage and coach direct reports.
Professional Requirements and Experience
• A university degree in Finance or Business Administration with a good academic record
• 4-5 years CPG experience in Finance; experience with direct reports
• The ability to develop and apply strategic business solutions to problems
• Demonstrated leadership skills with proven expertise supervising management and professional level staff
• Well organized and able to manage and prioritize changing workload
• Proven ability to build trusting relationships at all levels and across all functions; ability to effectively communicate and influence across the organization
• Creative, flexible and strategic change focused
• Strategic, innovative leadership – able to leverage ideas from key stakeholders to create and implement winning solutions
General Mills is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.