As the Talent Acquisition Manager for Canada, you will be responsible for end-to-end recruitment for both the experienced and campus recruiting processes, including partnering with hiring teams to develop a sourcing and channel strategy for open positions, and talent pipelining for future vacancies. The Talent Acquisition Manager will report to the US Talent Acquisition Delivery Manager (dotted line into Canada HR Leader) and will manage day-to-day recruiting activities across all corporate functions including Marketing, Finance, Sales, and Supply Chain, while leading and supporting a variety of projects to achieve broader recruiting department objectives.
• Lead recruiting efforts across all functions end-to-end; develop and implement recruiting strategies to meet hiring goals and hire the best talent into the function.
• Develop strong partnerships with hiring manager to understand role requirements and success factors; keeping them updated on status of positions
• Execute recruiting strategy, candidate management, interview and assessment process management, offer extension and negotiation strategy, and oversee the candidate hiring/onboarding process.
• Meet/exceed hiring goals with a constant effort to improve recruiting metrics (time to fill, referral rate, etc.).
• Manage the Canada ATS to ensure details are tracked accurately.
• Manage relationships with third-party vendors and agencies as required.
• Lead reporting for Statistics Canada and various internal/external audits.
• Own the Employee Referral Program for Canada: promote, track, and process referral payments.
• Lead pro-active recruiting and sourcing efforts.
• Continually seek out creative new sourcing strategies based on business need
• Ensure external presence on linked in and on campus
• Lead and support a variety of projects to achieve broader US/Canada objectives and goals.
• Proactively develop pipeline for critical roles.
• Partner with functional leaders to develop and implement annual talent acquisition strategies to meet hiring goals across all functions for both permanent and intern recruiting.
• Lead multi-function recruiting efforts and events at business schools.
• Lead the candidate tracking, assessment, decision making, offer extension, negotiation, and new-hire setup processes.
• Manage and submit requests for all sign-on and referral payments.
• Submit and oversee the new-hire setup process; liaise with the onboarding team to ensure first-day deliverables are met for weekly hires.
• Oversee the Canada background check process to ensure 100% compliance.
• Liaise with corporate employees regarding various HR matters.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and 3- 5 years of corporate and/or search firm progressive recruiting experience, including sourcing and full life cycle recruiting; at least 1+ year of campus recruiting experience is required.
• Ability to manage high volume recruitment
• External posting sites and channels to increase external exposure of all postings and company profile
• Proven project management skills and ability to establish & manage multiple priorities; experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships at once.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational, documentation and follow-up skills.
• Must have experience with building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools; ATS experience with sourcing, tracking and managing candidates.
• Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills.
• MS Office proficiency- including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
• Possess strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team.
• Knowledgeable of Canadian employment law and hiring best practices.
• Ability to travel as required (10%).
General Mills is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.